The Club's History
Once used for brick making, the site was approved for proposed tennis courts as early as October 1911. On Saturday 2nd May 1914, the Hartswood Lawn Tennis and Social Club opened with four grass courts and two hard courts, a newly erected pavilion and croquet and clock golf lawns in preparation.
In 1986 the Pavilion was totally reconstructed into its current building and terrace gardens.
A modern and thriving tennis club, Hartswood Tennis Club is a community club with many members who have been there more than 20 years.